Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Addy is a comedian!

Well Addy thinks she is quite the comedian! She always tries to make me laugh and she seems to only do it when it is the least appropriate such as bedtime. Last night I was holding her trying to get her to sleep and she was about to doze off when all of a sudden she turned her head and buried her face in my armpit then whipped her head up and she scrunched her nose and said "tinky!" I know I shouldn't have but I just cracked up laughing. Bed time seems to be her favorite time to make me laugh and  sometimes I can't help it.

This is my last week at Jordan Valley (helping special needs kids) and I am SO sad about it. The experience I have had while working there has been an indescribable one. Those kids have such a strong, sweet spirit about them and I will miss every single one of them. I have a huge love for kids that are born with so many different problems. One thing I have realized is that most of those kids do not just have one complication. If they have a health issue it is usually followed by MANY problems. One little girl for example has her physical and mental impairments and to top it off has to be closely monitored with what she eats or she gets sick. She can't even drink very much water. It is sad but also has made me appreciate my healthy daughter more and more. She has been such a blessing in my life and even though we have our hard days, I would not trade it for anything in this world!

Here is a picture of Addy today - I got her hair in a side pony tail - my little 80s baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment