Thursday, June 4, 2009

Addy's feedings

Well I have been trying to feed Addy some rice cereal the past couple of days and she does not like it!!! I think I need to be a little more consistent with it so that she will get more used to it. I love feeding it to her though! I think it is absolutely hilarious! Well, I hate working. I hate being away from my little angel. Yesterday there was a couple that came in and they brought their baby with them and had her dressed in an outfit that Addy has and I had tears well up in my eyes. I hate not being able to be home with her all the time. I can't wait until I start working as a medical transcriptionist so I can be at home with her! I feel like that is the most important gift a mother can give her children is to be at home with them and not have them raised by strangers or a daycare.

On that same note - I have a little rant about people who decide to have children and then can not give up their own selfish wants to provide a better life for their children. When I think of this I think of not only famous people like Jon & Kate, the Octo-Mom (CPS should take her kids away) but I also know people personally that won't take full responsibility for this wonderful thing they brought into this world and it just breaks my heart. It is so hard to get a drivers liscense these days but yet any idiot can take a child home. Some day when I have my own world - no one will be able to reproduce until they have taken some extensive courses, training and a test. Once those are completed then they can reproduce and if they screw up the first child they can't have anymore! ha ha I know that will never be possible but it would solve a lot of problems!!

Well sorry about that rant for today - it has been a rough and sad day. I better head to bed - I am getting up early to go to the gym before work tomorrow that way I can spend all night with Addy. I can tell she misses having me all to herself. :( Below are some pictures from Addy's first attempt at rice cereal and then her third attempt.













3 comments:

  1. Those pics are HALARIOUS!! HaHa She is so dang cute! HaHa I totally agree on your ranting! UGH that subject gets my blood boiling! You are doing SO great Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny :) I started Jack on solids (we did sweet potatoes first, then green beans) when he was about 5 months and a week-ish and he loved it. He HATED the rice cereal though because it just didn't taste like anything. I'm sure she will LOVE once she gets to have something that tastes a little better though...then it will be REALLY cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol oh these pics are cute! She'll get used to it [hopefully]. It took Dmitri a few tries to get used to the taste and texture. But he loved when he finally got to try 'real' baby food :)

    ReplyDelete